The Secrets of Stunning Bali
Located afar from its beaches with ample opportunities to wine and dine the day away lies another Bali: a Bali that tends to stay hidden from the trodden paths. A full day with a 4WD enters the rural, charming and laid-back side of this tropical paradise.
• Venture deep into the western side of stunning Bali
• Meet the skilled workers who maintain traditional forms of labour
• See endless fields with Balinese mountains as a back drop
• Savour the flavours of Balinese food at a local family’s home
• Return transfers from and to your resort are included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full-day joint tour with a professional English-speaking guide
- Transportation by 4-wheeled drive with professional driver.
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Refreshments en route
- Lunch at a local family home is included (food only)
- Local Indonesian 3rd party insurance
- Entry/Admission - Pura Dalem Bentuyung Temple
- Entry/Admission - Tamba Waras Bali
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pejaten, Kediri, Tabanan Regency, Bali, Indonesia
With transportation waiting in front of your hotel early in the morning, your English-speaking guide for the day welcomes you for a day out and about through the rural western region of your Indonesian holiday destination.
As soon as we leave the main road, you will enter a totally different world from what you may know. Our first stop will be Pejaten Village, where almost half of its residents make their living in making roof tiles the old-fashioned way. The village is recognized as one of Bali’s best-known places for top-quality ceramics.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pesagi, Penebel, Tabanan Regency, Bali, Indonesia
Where families work and live, markets are an essential part of getting fresh produce for the daily needs; the one of Kerambitan, albeit small, forms a visual example of how local trading thrives. We enter the plantation district where particularly the cocoa plantations near Pesagi Village are giving visitors a good insight in the labour needed to get to the final product.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Pura Dalem Bentuyung Temple, Desa Bentuyung, Ubud 80571 Indonesia
It will be time for a coffee break at the Dalem Gadungan Temple. It is here where your guide will get into the details of how Balinese see life after death and explain the cremation procedures.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tamba Waras Bali, Jl. Arjuna No.17, Ubud, Kecamatan Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
You may see now why we require using 4WD vehicles on this day trip. Little villages with often badly-maintained roads form no match for these cars as we move on along villages where children play, without a trouble in the world, and use every square meter of their playing grounds to have a good time. Moving further, the horizon will turn slightly more hilly where ample rice fields turn your view from the car to the horizon in a sea of green (season depending). Before enjoying lunch at the home of a local family, the historical Tamba Waras Temple will end this morning in the Balinese country.
We thank the family for their efforts in preparing a local lunch as we move back to our vehicle and making our way slowly back to your overnight address. It will become clear that the ‘island of the gods’ is a patchwork of mountains, hills, bordered from the sea by rugged coastlines where laid-back villages still keep traditions maintained with pride.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally South Bali (Sanur, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Legian and Seminyak) and Ubud. Transfers outside these areas, including any harbour and Bali’s International Airport are excluded.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis only with English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying along South Bali (Sanur, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Legian and Seminyak) and Ubud.
- Most travelers can participate
- Transfers outside these areas, including any harbour and Bali’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- This tour is not operational during Nyepi Day, Bali’s Day of Silence. The date of this spiritual day changes annually.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local lunch address at a family home.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.