The Rustic Countryside of Bali
Where nature and authenticity are essential elements on your must-do list for a Bali excursion, this full-day countryside trip will tick off all the checkboxes. The magnificence of the Jatiluwih rice terraces is only one of the highlights on this day.
• Explore a blend of agricultural diversity around Munduk
• Visit the landmarks of Bali’s colonial era
• Admire the breathtaking beauty of the Jatiluwih rice terraces
• Get a deeper understanding of Hinduism at Batukaru
• Enjoy a Balinese lunch at a stunning jungle restaurant
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver (South Bali, and Ubud only)
- Lunch at Bamboo Forest Restaurant by Waka Resort (food only)
- Local Indonesian 3rd party insurance
- Entry/Admission - Munduk Waterfall
- Entry/Admission - Jatiluwih Green Land
- Entry/Admission - Waka Hotels & Resorts
- Entry/Admission - Luhur Batukaru Temple
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities
- Supplements for transfers other than Sanur, Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua and Ubud. Supplements apply also for customers from arriving and departing from any harbour on the island and/or Bali International Airport.
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement
- Single supplement charges for single travelers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing outside the general area
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Munduk, Munduk, Banjar, Buleleng Regency, Bali
An early morning departure from your hotel at selected beaches and regions only is needed to start this wonderful day. We first head out to Munduk village, one of Bali’s most charming and appealing mountain retreats. Munduk’s misty atmosphere is perfect for a walk through the plantations surrounding the village. This climate is ideal for the cultivation of coffee, cloves, cacao and various tropical fruits, basically anything that is growing and consumed on the island. The fertile grounds around Munduk as an example is what initially make European settlers so interested in Indonesia. A few mementoes remain, such as colonial Dutch houses, as treasured landmarks of times gone by.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Munduk Waterfall, Munduk, Banjar Indonesia
Before we move further, we visit a waterfall for a short time to admire the clashing water falling onto the rocks at the waterfall base.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Jatiluwih Green Land, Jatiluwih Village, Tabanan 82152 Indonesia
Because there is still much more to see and do, we leave Munduk and drive to one of UNESCO’s World Heritage sites within the vicinity. Panoramic views on par with sites such as the Jatiluwih rice terraces, on top of Mount Batur, and the caldera of Kintamani is to be expected. An area of over 600 hectares is designated as rice terraces, constructed along the contours of the Batukaru Mountain Range. Truly marvellous may just be an understatement when soaking in the panoramic view. Your guide will show you the unique means of water logistics when we walk along the rice terraces.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Waka Hotels & Resorts, Jl. Imam Bonjol No.467, Pemecutan Klod, Kec. Denpasar Bar., Kota Denpasar, Bali 80119, Indonesia
We arrive at our lunch address, called the Bamboo Forest Restaurant by Waka Resort, one of the finest restaurants in the countryside to get a taste of Bali.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Luhur Batukaru Temple, Jl. Penatahan-Wongayagede, Penebel 82152 Indonesia
Before we make our way back to your overnight address, skipping the holiest temple around the Batukaru Mountain would be something we cannot exclude. Constructed along with the guiding principles of Hinduism, the Batukaru temple still presents a strong aura of magic flowing in abundance through this realm. Your guide for the day will clearly explain what makes this such an interesting temple before we head back to your resort.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply; Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying along South Bali (Sanur, Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Canggu, Ubud, Uluwatu, Tanjung Benoa, and Legian) and Ubud. Transfers outside these areas, including any harbour and Bali’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour is not operational during Nyepi Day, Bali’s Day of Silence. The date of this spiritual day changes annually
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local lunch address at a family home
- We regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users. Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itse
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense pow
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.