The Heartland of Bali Tour:Taman Ayun Temple, Lake Beratan and Pura Luhur Batukaru Temple
This excursion will lead you to the rural heartland of Bali, which presents an altered landscape and an interesting history. You will be visiting Taman Ayun, founded by the King of the Mengwi dynasty in the 17th century, followed by crater lake - Lake Beratan and Pura Luhur Batukaru temple. On this trip, you will also get the opportunity to scroll down Candi Kuning market and see all the fresh produced fruits, vegetables and flowers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Share pickup and drop-off at Hotels in Denpasar Center, Sanur, Kuta, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Nusa Dua & Ubud areas only
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Taman Ayun Temple
- Entry/Admission - Luhur Batukaru Temple
What's excluded :
- Excludes beverages during lunch
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are not included in the service and supplements will apply
- Harbor entrance fee if applicable
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the mentioned areas (Inclusions) are not included in the service and supplements will apply
- You will be picked up from your Southern Bali or Ubud hotel at 8:30am and start your journey to the heartland of Bali.
Your first stop is the Taman Ayun Temple, founded by the King of the Mengwi dynasty in the 17th century. The temple is situated on an island in a river, in a beautiful park with trees and ponds. It has three ascending levels of spacious courtyards containing rows of shrines and pavilions and is surrounded by a wide moat.
Next stop of the tour is Lake Beratan, which is located at an altitude of 1240 meter above sea level next to Mount Beratan and Mount Catur. The lake fills the crater of the inactive volcano Mount Catur. A beautiful temple called Pura Ulun Danu Bratan is set on the lake surrounded by stunning scenery. Enjoy breathtaking views of the lake, the temple and the mountains besides.
Continue on our visit to Candi Kuning market, where local fruits, vegetables and flowers are sold. After lunch, the trip continues through breathtaking valleys of rice paddies near Jatiluwih to visit the Pura Luhur Batukaru temple. It is located in dense jungle near the peak of Gunung Batukaru, Bali's second highest mountain. The temple is one of six directional temples on Bali which are believed to protect the island and its people from evil spirits. It protects Bali from the West and was built in the 11th century. The ancient complex has a number of separate sanctuaries joined by damp mountain paths, bubbling spring and large rectangular lake with a shrine in its midst.
You will be transferred back to your hotel after tour concludes.
Departure Point :Centrally located Southern Bali or Ubud hotels
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Centrally located Southern Bali or Ubud hotels
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infants must sit on laps
- Child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- This tour is only suggested for guest staying in the South Bali and Ubud area
- Joined option is only operated on Thursdays
- Minimum of 2 Adults required per booking
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.