Private Tour: Bali Cultural Experience with Lunch
Enjoy a Bali cultural experience on this private full-day tour that introduces you to a range of attractions and activities, including a traditional dance, visiting Kertha Gosa Pavilion and Besakih and Kehen temples, admiring Kintamani Volcano, checking out a coffee plantation, and visiting Penglipuran Traditional Village. See typical Balinese houses and enjoy local food on this tour with a private guide. Hotel transport is provided from select resort areas.
What's included :
- Buffet lunch and local food
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Use of sarong when entering temple
- Entry/Admission - Kehen Temple
- Entry/Admission - Besakih Temple
- Entry/Admission - Taman Wisata Kertha Gosa
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
After pickup in the morning by your private guide, watch a traditional Barong and kris dance, which represents the battle between good and evil. Then visit Kertha Gosa Pavilion, an example of Balinese art and architecture located in the town of Klungkung. Check out the pavilion's most fascinating feature, the painted ceiling that symbolizes the afterlife.
A little after midday, visit Besakih Temple. Considered to be the most important, largest, and holiest temple of the Hindu religion in Bali, Besakih is built on six levels that terrace upward. Then head to Kintamani Volcano for lunch, which may include dishes such as babi guling (suckling pig), ayam betutu (spicy chicken), or nasi campur (mixed rice). While you sit around Lake Batur, enjoy views of Mt. Batur.
After lunch, visit a coffee and spice plantation to try the most expensive coffee in world, luwak, which is produced after an animal known as the Asian palm civet digests and excretes the coffee berries. Then continue your day trip to Penglipuran Traditional Village, which provides insight into Balinese way of life and its unique village culture through the original ceremonies and rules of ancient Balinese people that still hold true here today. During your visit, take in the village layout and architecture, plus enjoy the chance to explore the bamboo rainforest.
Next make your way to Kehen Temple, a beautiful Hindu temple in the foothills of the southern Bangli Regency. Inside, see the Panyimpenan temple building that features three inscriptions about the temple contents and existence.
You will be returned to your accommodation in the evening to end your private tour.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Denpasar, Ubud, Seminyak, Legian, or Kuta area
Departure Time :8:30am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate