Local Market Tour and Traditional Balinese Cooking Class with a Family in Ubud
Your host Putu will pick you up in the early morning and drive you to the Pejeng market, bursting with locals shopping. Putu will introduce you to the seasonal fruits, vegetables and spices on offer, and you’ll pick up a few ingredients for your upcoming cooking lesson. The market offers wonderful photo opportunities, so don't forget to bring your camera!
Back home, you'll work together to prepare 2-3 authentic Balinese dishes. As you chop, grind and grill Putu will teach you about the spices she uses in her family recipes as well as the medicinal qualities of Balinese ingredients. Putu's kitchen is simple, with only a two burner cooktop, and you'll be impressed by the speed and fluidity with which she can prepare a complex menu with multiple dishes. Potential dishes could be Putu’s grilled eggplant with tomato, grilled fish with Balinese sambal (chili sauce), or a curry dish. The cooking lesson will last about 1-2 hours before you sit down and enjoy the meal.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private market tour and cooking class with your host Putu
- Homecooked lunch
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Round-trip transport from Ubud hotel
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Traveling Spoon
What's excluded :
- Round-trip transport from outside of Ubud (extra charge)
- This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. You will be picked up from your Ubud hotel at 7am and driven to the Pejeng market to join the locals in shopping for the freshest produce. Putu will introduce you to the seasonal fruits, vegetables and spices on offer and you’ll pick up a few ingredients for your cooking lesson. You will spend about 30 minutes at the market before driving to Putu's home to start cooking together. The market offers wonderful photo opportunities, so don't forget to bring your camera! Join Putu in the kitchen for a hands-on cooking lesson. You'll work together to prepare 2-3 authentic Balinese dishes and as you chop, grind and grill Putu will teach you about the spices she uses in her family recipes and the medicinal qualities of Balinese ingredients. Putu's kitchen is simple, with only a two burner cooktop, and you are sure to be impressed by the speed and fluidity with which she can prepare a complex menu with multiple dishes.
You can expect the cooking lesson to last about 1-2 hours.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian and vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note: Prices include round-trip transport from Ubud only. Please be sure to include your hotel name on the reservation form so your host can arrange for your pick-up. If you are staying outside of Ubud there will be an additional charge for transportation.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.