Half Day Ubud The Cultural Heart of Bali
Culturally and artistically, Ubud has been on the forefront of putting Bali on the map for preserving authentic forms of handicraft: complemented with stunning nature, a half day exploration that guides you through all aspects of Ubud’s cultural heart.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tours and transfers with English speaking guide from selective beaches and regions only (Southern Bali and Ubud only)
- All taxes and service fees included
What's excluded :
- Other entrance fees and expenses, such as meals (breakfast, lunch and / or dinner) drinks, tips and shopping, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation on Bali
- Supplements for transfers other than Sanur, Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua and Ubud. Supplements apply also for customers from arriving and departing from any harbour on the island and/or Bali International Airport.
- Tips and gratuities
- Ubud is the artistic, cultural and spiritual heart of Bali. For decades the area has been a hub for artists, musicians and those seeking to explore their spirituality, while connecting with the culture of Bali. Some of the most well-known galleries, restaurants and cafes in Bali can be found in the lush green hills of Ubud. We will connect you with great aspects of the cultural aspects of this central Bali region.
The morning start begins with a visit to the local community of Tohpati, where the famous Batik fabrics of Bali are painstakingly created by hand. Various finalized products will be on display which all comes from this community. Decorating cloth items with batik, using wax-resistant dying to get intricate motives and decorations, have been practiced for decades here which guarantee authenticity. Our next stop brings us to Celuk: from chunky, funky jewelry to finely detailed ornamental pieces, seeing how they are created will give you a new appreciation for what we often take for granted. Visitors have the chance to see these artisans in their workshops while creating fine pieces of exquisite silverwork. As where Celuk is famous for its silverwork, the small community of Mas has gained a name for itself for its wood carving methods and creating from the smallest items to decorative pieces for at home. Art galleries aplenty in Ubud, we have selected the one that compiles all influences and various techniques; the Agung Rai Museum of Art. This museum has an extensive collection of paintings by both Indonesian and foreign artists, ranging from traditional to contemporary.
One of the last stops on this busy half day tour is the Ubud Market, where you can purchase all sorts of goods from clothing to jewelry to wonderful pieces of art and souvenirs. We recommend you go upstairs here, but remember that bargaining is a must here. Before we head back to your booked hotel, we stop and pay respect to the Pura Saren Agung where Ubud’s royal family ruled from the late 19th century until the beginning of the 20th century.
Departure Point :Your booked southern Bali hotel (conditions apply)
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Your booked southern Bali hotel (conditions apply)
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Joined tours are operated with a minimum of 2 full paying guests and are operated only on Tuesdays with an English-speaking guide
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.