Early Morning Sunrise Mt Batur Trekking
If you’re searching for the ultimate sunrise, Mount Batur’s top at 1717 meters above sea level is the place to be. A 2-hour trek up this holy mountain with an end result that takes your breath away and you’ll soon forget the very early morning call.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tours and transfers with English speaking trekking guide from selective beaches and regions only (Southern Bali and Ubud only)
- Refreshments and snacks at the top
- Trekking equipment and insurance coverage
- All taxes and service fees included
What's excluded :
- Other entrance fees and expenses, such as meals (breakfast, lunch and / or dinner) drinks, tips and shopping, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation on Bali
- Supplements for transfers other than Sanur, Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Ubud and customers from any harbour on the island
- Tips and gratuities
- Experience the glory of Bali’s morning and what better place to see this than on the top of Mount Batur, dominating the island’s skyline at 1717 meters above sea level. To witness the sun rising in the east, a midnight wake-up call is required but as soon as you reach the summit, it will be all worth it.
A very early morning pick-up (around 02:00 hrs) from your resort is the start of an amazing hike up to one of Bali’s most alluring landmarks. The last eruption of the Mount Batur was in 1994 and although the volcano is still active as smoke rises from its heart, the climb up is a very safe and secure one. We begin our ascent at around 1200 meters above sea level where temperatures are mild at this time of the day.
An early morning pick-up is waiting for you to drive to the milder climate of 1200 meters above sea level. Begin the 2 hours trek to the top (1717 m) to enjoy the sunrise: this is a challenging trek, which will bring each member of your team closer together. From here you will have a magnificent view of the sunrise over the crater. We walk around the rim of the volcanic cone to see the crater of the last eruption. The trek in total will take around 2 hours before we reach the top of Mount Batur, even before the sun is out. We walk around the rim of the volcanic cone to see the crater with its lake of the last eruption while an unbelievable 360-degree view makes it all worthwhile. With the clock hitting 6am, it is time to sit back, relax and enjoy the arrival of a brand new day.
While enjoying the view, your trekking guide may even show you how to make use of the volcano’s steaming fissures and starts preparing a light breakfast before we descent back to the foot of the volcano. During our descent, we will explore the three younger crates and we take a break at the Toya Bungkah hot spring; the locals living around Mount Batur believe that this spring contains sacred water. A path of black sand and melted lava created by centuries-old eruptions, you slowly gain a deeper appreciation for this mountain. Like you, the people living around the volcano believe strongly that the land and its waters have healing powers and are sacred. These trails have been the result of two extensive volcanic eruptions in the past. We head back to your hotel in southern Bai or Ubud where you will arrive at around 10:00 hrs.
Departure Point :Your booked southern Bali hotel (conditions apply)
Departure Time :2:00 AM
Return Detail :Your booked southern Bali hotel (conditions apply)
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is only operated on joined basis with an English speaking guide.
- Customers require having a decent condition to climb up to the mountain.
- Essential equipment to bring is good walking shoes, a sweater / jacket and comfortable fitting clothing.
- This tour is operated in cooperation with X-Treme Adventure; a highly professional company specialized in such adventurous journeys.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.