Balinese Village Experience
This tour is exclusive to Bali Buddies. We work directly with the villagers to ensure that you get an authentic experience. This is not a mass produced tour, it has been designed with love and respect for the Hindu culture. The villagers enjoy showing you their home and traditions.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - Traditional morning tea consisting of local in season fruits and Balinese sweets. Fresh coconuts, tea, Bali Kopi & cold water is also provided.
- Lunch - Lunch will be at a traditional warung (local restaurant). You can choose two local dishes from the menu and a drink.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Sangeh Traditional Village - Day Tours
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sangeh Traditional Village - Day Tours, Jl. Ciung Wanara no. 10. Br. Sibang, Abian Semal, Badung, Sangeh 80352 Indonesia
Part of the joy of travelling to a new destinations is learning about the culture and lifestyle of the original inhabitants of the land. This Balinese Village tour is more than just a series of photo opportunities, it is an immersive experience into the daily lives of the island’s villagers. You start your day at 8:30 am, when you’re picked-up by one of our professional drivers for your transfer you to the meeting point with your guide. Needless to say, your host belongs to the village and grew up there, and he can’t wait to let you experience the true Balinese Village Life.
Set in the quaint and gorgeous Pacung Sangeh Village we will take you off the well beaten tourist track and let you enter into the real life of Balinese villagers. You will be welcomed into a real family compound in the village and be given a tour. During this excursion travellers learn about the family temple, the people who live there and the special celebrations that happen at this magical place. As this is a real home for many families you never know who will be there or what will be happening. There may be children running around or, when you’re lucky, a special ceremony taking place. This all adds to the genuine experience you are taking part in.
he Balinese ladies who live in the compound will prepare you a traditional morning tea consisting of Balinese cakes, fruits, fresh coconuts & Bali Kopi. After morning tea you will experience making Canang Sari – the daily offerings made each day by the Balinese Hindus – some ladies make hundreds of these each day. You will create your own beautiful Canang Sari to be used later in the day at your blessing ceremony.
For lunch you will visit a village Warung (small local restaurant), which is located amongst the rice fields and serves traditional Balinese and Indonesian dishes. You will get to choose two dishes from the menu and a drink of your choice. Enjoy the endless rice field views and the warm, local hospitality. All of the food is prepared fresh on the spot and can be as spicy or mild as you request. After lunch, you will visit the Village Holy Water site, the only Holy Water site in Bali that has a waterfall and Hidden Canyon. In this sacred site the water is considered to be Holy and hold great cleansing powers.
Before entering the Holy Water site you will be dressed in a sarong and a sash. Using the offerings you made earlier today in the village, you receive a traditional blessing at the temple. For those willing to get wet, you can also experience a full cleansing ritual in the Holy Water. This includes visiting the Hidden Canyon and immersing yourself in the waterfall of the Holy Water. Patrons are guided through this practice, something many locals come to the Holy Water site to do often. The Balinese Hindus believe this ritual helps to cure disease and purify the aura and karma of past lives. After your ceremony you will have the chance to change before heading back to your resort/villa.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can collect you from where ever you are staying on the Island. The published rates include pickups from Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Canggu, Jimbaran, Benoa, Nusa Dua, Sanur*other areas will attract a surcharge
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.