Bali Beach and Bar Hopping Tour by Custom 1980 VW Kombi Bus
Go retro in Bali on a beach-and-bar-hopping tour in a classic 1980 VW Kombi bus. You’ll stop at Bali’s best beaches and seaside resorts in search of the next great cocktail (drinks are at your own expense). Along the way, your guide stops at a 17th-century fertility temple off the tourist track. This full-day adventure is limited to five people for a small-group experience.
What's included :
- Transport by custom 1980 VW Kombi van
- Hotel pickup (listed hotels only)
- Professional guide and driver
- Bottled water
- Wi-Fi on board
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup from hotels not listed
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Start your Bali cocktail adventure with a journey through the rice fields of West Coast Bali until we arrive at a small, remote club on the dramatic Echo Surf Beach, where monster waves roll in when the surf is high. Our destination is like a set from a ship wreck on a desert island, with eclectic decorations around the pools and stunning ocean views.
The menu is tapas style and the drinks chill are first-class; chilli, lemongrass and lychee martini anyone?!
We’ll jump back into our retro, pimped out 1980 Kombi to travel through some of the area’s nearby beach villages towards the stunning 17th-century temple of Pura Batu Ngaus, a fertility temple perched on a rock in the ocean. The Balinese come here to seek medicine or fertility blessings from the mangku (priest), and leave offerings in a most unusual way: in a blowhole in the rock that connects to the ocean via an underwater cave. This temple is far off the tourist track, feeling a world away from the crowds that swarm Bali’s more famous sites. Along the way to Pura Batu Ngaus, you’ll pass typically Bali-esque scenes of government-protected rice terraces and catch glimpses of the sea and the far-off cliffs of Uluwatu — keep your camera close by for those classic Bali shots!
Thirsty again? And hungry too? Good! Because up next, your Bali tour will take you to what we like to call the living museum, a place steeped in history but also boasting the best roof top bars with ocean views you will find in Bali.
Enjoy a classic nasi goreng with our favourite cocktail, a gin & tonic, while lazing about in the late afternoon sun.
Next, we head further down the West coast, chasing the setting sun, winding in and out of small villages until we arrive at the eclectic gypsy camp, complete with tarot readers and caravans perched on Berawa surf beach. Sangria or homemade bloody marys are definitely the drink of choice in this funky place!
Finish your Bali tour with a nightcap at the iconic Ku De Ta bar at Seminyak Beach, a long-standing hot spot that’s considered to be one of the best beach clubs in Southeast Asia. We recommend the espresso martini — perfect for revving you up for a night out on the town after your tour ends!
Departure Point :1: KaBar Grill, Bali Garden Beach Resort, Jl. Kartika Plaza, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
2: Jalan Melasti, Jl. Melasti, Legian, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali, Indonesia
3: KU DE TA, Jl. Kayu Aya No.9, Seminyak, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali, Indonesia
Departure Time :11:45 AM
Return Detail :KU DE TA, Jl. Kayu Aya No.9, Seminyak, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali, Indonesia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children 12 and over may participate on this tour if they are with their family and are the only group in the vehicle
- All locations visited on this tour require travelers to wear shirts with sleeves
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: Your tour directly employs locals who are all paid an above average wage. Urban Adventures also has a written agreement with the local village of the temple you visit, which empowers the village to have direct input into what we show you and also allows the village to benefit financially from your tour.
- The donation that is included in the cost of your tour goes to employing security at the temple, upkeep of the temple grounds, and providing clean toilets. This donation has also enabled the village to employ mentally disabled staff to assist. Urban adventures is the only operator with such an agreement.
- Most travelers can participate
- We suggest bringing a bathing suit with you as there are plenty of opportunities to go for a swim if you want to.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.